We're sorry we can't share these treats in person, but here is a recipe you can make at home.
"Lapaloma" Lime Sugar Cookie
Makes 18 cookies
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Zest of one large lime, finely minced
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 cup unsweetened toasted coconut
- 1/2 cup sugar for rolling cookies
- 10 tablespoons pure icing sugar, sifted
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped pink ruby grapefruit flesh, plus 2 teaspoons grapefruit juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Using a mixer, beat together the butter and granulated sugar until smooth and very fluffy.
- Beat in egg, vanilla extract, lime juice and lime zest.
- Gradually blend in the dry ingredients and toasted coconut.
- Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls, and roll in granulated sugar. Place on lined cookie sheets about 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly browned.
- While cookies are baking, make the ruby red icing. Combine icing sugar, chopped grapefruit flesh and grapefruit juice in a separate bowl.
- Let stand on cookie sheet two minutes.
- To serve, dip half of the cookie in grapefruit icing, and stand on wire racks at room temperature to set.